Tuesday 2 February 2010

Project Violette


We have just closed down the exhibition for Fear&Comedy an exhibition directed by Robert Violette and Melanie Mues. My role was part of the graphics team, we looked at visual art in movie posters for both horror and comedy genre movies. We decided to choose well known people in each genre, research the conventions of their posters and try juxtapose them with one another. I decided to choose "Leatherface" from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and introduce the elements form the early Charlie Chaplin movie posters from films such as "The Kid" and "The Great Dictator". I found it a valuable experience to see how a short deadline can be within the industry and also how sometimes it is very hard to please your senior directors. All-in-all I think everyone had fun and it was nice to meet people who have become successful in an industry I want to be in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment